Tile Roofing Is May Be the Best Option Houston Commercial Buildings
Tile roofing is a very sound investment when re-roofing or installing a roof on new construction. A commercial tile roof is becoming a popular choice beyond traditional areas such as the Southwest because it enhances most architecture. It comes in many colors and shapes, it is energy efficient and is proving a durable choice in cold and high wind climates. Proper installation requires a Houston roofing contractor with experience in tile roofing installation.
Here are the top five benefits of tile:
- It is engineered to last
- You have a choice of colors and styles
- It stands up to high winds
- Economical because it lasts up to 100 years
- Is available as “green” or “cool” tile roofing for energy savings
What You Can Expect From Your Tile Roofing:
Tile has a long record of durable performance. Here is a comparison: A commercial asphalt roof has a life cycle of about ten years. A tile roof can remain high performance for more than 50 years! Modern designers have been able to create concrete and clay tile roofing to complement any architectural style. The tiles themselves can be flat or round, simulate wood shakes or mimic 19th-century roofing materials. Colors fade to a lesser degree than with most other materials. You may be eligible for colorfast warranties of 50 years. The weight contributes to the wind resistance without overtaxing a building structure. Some systems have been tested to withstand 150 miles per hour winds. You face next to no maintenance, and single tiles are far easier to repair or replace than other roofing options. Tile roofing requires no coating, painting, cleaning, or sealing. But like all other roofing materials, tile roofing requires a roofing contractor Houston with the skill and experience to properly install it. Due to their long lifespan—50 to 100 years or more, clay and concrete tile roofs are one of the most cost-effective roofing choices you can make. Both concrete and clay tile outlast other roofing materials, with manufacturers offering warranties from 50 years to the life of the structure.
Here Is a List of Materials Used To Manufacture Tiles
- Cement tiles can give a building a Spanish inspired look, yet some styles complement mission or prairie architecture. They are fire resistant and require little maintenance. They are perfect for new construction or a retrofit where you can adapt the structural base to support tile roofing.
- Slate tiles have a unique look. Tiles are fireproof, they last a long time and require very little maintenance. You will need an expert roofing contractor to install slate; Slate roofing needs a particular skill set.
- Concrete fiber reinforced tiles are manufactured in a slate-style or a stone look. It is one of the lightest weight tile roofing options. The fire and pest resistance and durability ratings are very high.
- Metal roofing tiles of steel, aluminum, tin or copper are made to mimic slate or cedar tiles and are manufactured in a wide array of colors. Competent metal roof contractors can install these materials on top of an existing roof, which saves the expense of a tear-off and disposal of the existing roof.
- Synthetic roofing tiles also mimic many styles of tile. They are made of polymers and rubber and are engineered to be every bit as durable as natural materials. These tiles are light enough to be installed on many existing roofing frames without any additional reinforcement.
For more information about Houston roofing repair or a new roof installation, click here.